Website Content Audit
NG Writing Services, run by Scottish Borders copywriter Neil Gunn, provides a Content Audit service for small businesses.
Do you ask yourself the question, why is my website content underperforming? Are there key word, style or tone of voice issues? Perhaps you’re concerned about punctuation, spelling or grammar problems? Does the copy just look tired? In a nutshell are the words on my site doing their job?
A website Content Audit is an inexpensive way to find answers to these questions. Remember your website is your shop window and first impressions are important.
A Content Audit is ideal if:
- Your information is out of date.
- Key words and phrases have changed.
- Your company’s products and services have changed.
- Your website is no longer generating the same levels of business it once did.
- The copy was written by you or a colleague and you feel it would benefit from a professional touch.
- You’re a new business unsure of the best kind of content to post.
Other benefits of a Content Audit
If your site is more established it’s easy to forget about some the old content you’ve written. Consider what would happen if a customer landed on a page with outdated and inaccurate information? It might just be enough to stop them doing business with you. A Content Audit will identify these pages giving you the chance to update them by adding new key words, better titles and other relevant information.
A Content Audit from NG Writing Services will review up to 10 of the most important pages from your site and give you recommendations for improvements. It’s a cost-effective way of finding out how your content is performing.
It’s a 10-step process which can be tailored to your requirements. Just let me know what’s important to you. Standard checks include:
- Page layout and aesthetics – what are the first impressions?
- Page speed and mobile optimisation
- Pages will be checked for spelling, grammar and syntax issues. And that they are free of jargon and clichés?
- Is there a consistency of style and brand voice?
- Are the pages Search Engine Optimised (SEO)? Are the keywords and phrases used appropriate for the page?
- Are page titles and taglines optimised?
- Navigation and linking – is it easy to move from one page to another?
- Are the pages customer focused? Do they clearly show the benefits?
- Does the content help the sales/lead generation process?
- Are there clear calls to action?
The audit report will give you a clear picture of what the issues are and suggested measures for fixing them. You can carry out this work yourself or commission NG Writing Services to do the work for you. T&Cs apply.
Who would benefit from a Content Audit?
While it’s important for all companies to monitor their content, there are some which would particularly benefit. Among them:
- Sole traders who may not have the time or the experience when it comes to marketing and copywriting.
- Small businesses without a marketing department
- Community enterprises which need some copywriting and marketing support
- Small charities which need some copywriting and marketing support
- Organisations which use multiple authors to compile content
How much will it cost?
A content audit of up to ten pages will cost just £99 and you could get half of that back.
Offset half of the audit costs against further work
As a small business owner myself I am acutely aware of the pressure on costs – this is why I will offset half of the audit costs of £49.50 against further work (min value £250) from NG Writing Services. T&Cs apply
Take the first step towards a more effective business website.