Once you have decided to use the services of a copywriter it’s important to give them a detailed brief to make sure they understand what outcomes you are looking for. The more comprehensive the brief is, the better the final product will be. It also means that a copywriter can produce an accurate quote for the work.
The information here is not exhaustive but an indication of what I would need from you before I started a project. But it’s a painless process which can be done by email or face-to-face meeting although that depends on the location of both parties.
Agreeing the fee
How much will it cost is frequently the first question asked by a business. NG Writing Services charges a flat rate for the project so that everybody knows where they stand. Any additional work would be charged separately.
Information about your company
- What does your company do? (in plain English)
- How do you help your customers? What benefits do you offer?
- What is the aim of the project?
- Does your company have a unique selling point (USP)
- What do you like/dislike about your present content?
- What do you want the copy to do? (Be specific) eg sell a product, sign up to a newsletter, download a white paper…
- Who are your main competitors? (provide links if possible)
Information about your customers
- Who are they?
- What are some of the common buying objections?
- How will their life be made better by your product or service?
Tone of Voice
- What tone of voice do you want the copy to have? eg chatty, informal, formal authoritative…
- Why should the audience believe you?
Trust and authority
When do You need the final draft?
- Have you won awards, recommendations or testimonials for your product or service?
Call to action
- What is your call to action?
Estimated length of copy
- Give an indication of number of web pages or if a hard copy document, number of words.
Website copy SEO
- What key words or key phrases would you like included?
- When do you need the final draft? Please don’t say ASAP it is not helpful, so please be specific.
- It all helps
If you would like to discuss the process in more detail please get in touch.