Case studies are an effective and versatile way of showcasing your skills and experience. Often overlooked by small businesses, they can be an invaluable weapon in your marketing armoury.
The majority of today’s online buyers do some kind of research before purchasing a product or service. They might for example look at reviews to gauge the thoughts and opinions of others.
Marketing people understand that positive reviews build trust, credibility and authenticity but while a short review is enough for some, others need a more in-depth analysis of a service or product before they reach for the credit card. For this type of customer a case study could be the answer.
Case studies provide an innovative and creative tool in the content marketer’s armoury and well constructed should tell a compelling story, particularly if you write about somebody a potential customer can relate to.
Studies will certainly include well researched factual evidence but might well also contain interviews and questionnaires and could be presented in textual form or visual form – video and images.
Some of the advantages are:
- They are an indirect endorsement of your company and highlight experience and expertise
- They are a way of showcasing the features and benefits of products and services
- They provide a valuable insight into how a particular problem was solved
- Targeted case studies allow the reader to apply the insights to their own situation
- A series of case studies allows an organisation to demonstrate their expertise
- In comparison to some forms of advertising case studies are a cost effective way to promote your business. In addition each study can be further marketed through social media or perhaps being offered as free downloads.
if you think that a case study might be right for your business, why not get in touch to discuss how I can help.